- Skillfully prepared items of the restaurant specials
- Routinely supported other areas of the restaurant as requested, including special orders . Assisted other staff
- Managed closing duties, including restocking items
- Routinely cleaned cookware, counters, floors, storage areas and service refrigerators
- Effectively used items in stock to decrease waste and profit loss
- Prepared food and menus for special events and parties such as holidays, happy hours, and birthdays
- Hired and trained kitchen cooks, set prices for food items.
- Ability to apply basic knife skills
- Maintained menu knowledge and food presentation
- Effectively communicated with management, and staff
- Addressed guest questions, needs or concerns right away to ensure the guests complete satisfaction.
- Performed all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the team.
head cook/evening kitchen manager
- Communicate with the kitchen staff, management, and serving staff.
- Inspect and clean the work stations, such as equipment and serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling.
- Ensure that food is stored and cooked at the correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Ensure the freshness of food and ingredients by checking the quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Prepare the food according to recipes and personal judgment and experiences.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the kitchen staff.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, for special guests or functions.
- Experience working in a kitchen environment, filling orders, and cooking menu items
- Ability to maintain full knowledge of recipes and menu items
- Knowledgeable of kitchen operating equipment such as mixers, food slicers, and broilers
- Monitored and ensured food was refrigerated and rotated stock supply according to package date
- Performed knife work on onions, potatoes, meat, and other vegetables daily
- Cleaned and sanitized all cooking surfaces and machinery per sanitation guidelines
- Prepared and cooked daily meals for about 600 students.
- Took care of the hygiene of the food served to the children.
- Worked in a 8 member team of cooks.
- Prepared food consistently and in compliance with recipes, Proportining, cooking and wastte control guidelines.