Guidance Counselor Resume Examples
- Worked in key School Administration positions in new start up schools.
- Created and implemented budgets to run schools efficiently.
- In charge of all aspects of organization and operation of schools.
- Responsible of all aspects of counseling, including attendance and transcripts.
- Conducted admission exam, individual inventory, and developed a needs survey.
- Performed academic counseling and consultation.
- Conducted teacher’s performance evaluation.
- Prepared course outline and syllabus.
- Taught two class sections.
- Provided Academic Advisement and personal support to a cohort of over 600 High School students both individually and in groups
- Developed long term individualized academic plans to ensure student success
- Reviewed student transcripts to ensure that students met with graduation and college entrance requirements, including those of the NCAA
- Managed caseload effectively
- Worked successfully in a bilingual capacity with ESL Spanish speaking student population, achieving a graduation rate of 74-79%, five years consecutively, way above the State average of 31% and the national average of 71%
- Organized peer counseling and collaborated with peer tutoring programs to provide students with additional academic support
- Evaluated foreign transcripts for new admits
- provides private counselling to studets, assess the ability and potential in students.
- Observe and evaluates students’ with special needs to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare and administer written, oral, and performance tests for studet applicants
- Developed and evaluated Individualized Educational Plans for students with disabilities
guidance counselor (ojt)
- Conduct Initial Interview to all the First Year Student
- Conduct First Year Orientation
- Presented workshops and classroom information sessions on subjects related to education, including, but not limited to, study skills, time management, learning strategies, financial aid, and college and career planning.
- Maintained accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations, including attendance, grades, test scores and professional session notes
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and vocational development. Evaluate students’ attributes and assist them in realizing their objectives. Develop and implement counseling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Provided outreach, referrals, and interventions
- Motivated, engaged, counseled, tutored, scheduled and assisted students in every way possible to ensure that they succeeded academically and graduated on time with the skill set necessary to be successful.
- Volunteered to assist in after school activities and special events and oversaw student clubs and activities
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and vocational development.
- Evaluate students’ attributes and assist them in realizing their objectives.
- Develop and implement counseling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Identify behavioral problems and act appropriately to remedy the situation.
- Pay attention to societal and cultural differences in all student matters.
- Assess the development of students and highlight the sense of accomplishment.
- Complete evaluations, analyze results and provide purposeful feedback.
- Excellent in advising skills and positive attitude as demonstrated by receiving Employee of The Month in four consecutive months.Advising students and making them as my friends so that they will be comfortable when talking to me and sharing their problems and I’m giving them a good advised.
- Cooperate with parents, academic staff and external partners.
- Arrange and schedule orientation programs and internships.
- Advertise facilities and study programs to potential students.
- Listen to students’ concerns about academic, emotional or social problems
- Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
- Mediate conflict between students and teachers
- Identify behavioral problems and act appropriately to remedy the situation
- Conduct seminars addressed to students’ needs and concerns
- Coordinate with the faculty
- Evaluate students’ attributes and assist them in choosing a career
- Interact and collect information from clients and clinicians and to provide necessary information.
- Maintaining patient clinical records with maximum confidentiality.
- Monitor organization’s event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Conduct yoga classes for the clients if and when required.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.