- Stabilize and transport patients from either scene or inter-facility locations
- Response by fixed-wing, rotor-wing, and ground transportation
- Proficient in aviation guidelines and recommendations as relates to safety of crew and patients
- CAMTS Accredited program
- Work independently on protocols with a EMT-P partner to facilitate all pre-hospital patient care needs.
- Patient population ranged from neo-nate to elderly
- Proficient in IV starts, chest tube insertion, intubation, splint/pelvic binder application, central line placement, ventilators, medication pumps, oxygen delivery, monitor/defibrillator use
flight nurse / midwife
- Provide preflight care to patients
- Prepare patients for aero-medical transfer
- Provide competent inflight care to sick or injured clients.
- Promote aviation safety
- Monitor and treat patients with trauma, shock, and other life threatening problems in an acute setting.