Firefighter Resume Examples
- Respond to fire alarms and extinguishes fire
- Respond to calls for emergency medical services, and renders first aid
- Perform salvage operations such as throwing salvage covers, sweeping water and removing debris
- Respond to and renders assistance in emergency cases
- Clean and inspect equipment and apparatus after returning from a fire
- Inspect equipment and apparatus and notify superior officer of any defects
- Make minor repairs to equipment and apparatus, performs routine preventative maintenance tasks, and keeps records of such action
- Perform search, rescue, and fire fighting operations involving fires, accidents, floods, bomb incidents, and spillage of dangerous substances.
- Safely and efficiently operate emergency response vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Successfully controlled wild fire with team of 3 firefighters at local park, through strategic planning and quick-thinking
- Provide fire prevention/suppression and emergency medical services in a rural environment.
- Administered first aid treatment or life support care to the sick or injured in prehospital settings.
- Immobilized patients for placement on stretcher and ambulance transport, using backboard or other spinal immobilization device.
- Maintained vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
- Communicated with dispatchers or treatment center personnel to provide information about situation or to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Drove mobile intensive care unit to specified location, following instructions from emergency medical dispatcher.
- Coordinated work with other emergency medical team members or police or fire department personnel.
- Visit individuals in homes or attend group meetings to provide information on agency services, requirements, or procedures.
- Required to have strong EMS skills due to long transport times.
- Member of the Portage County Water Rescue Team (Boat Operator)
- Keep fire station, equipment and grounds in a clean and orderly condition
- Provide basic life support, fire suppression, rescue operations, daily
- Participate in training activities and instruction sessions
- Acquire and retain a thorough knowledge of the City, including streets, buildings, water supply, unusual hazards and related items
- Perform various public information or education tasks
- Responding to emergency calls.
- Providing medical care as a NREMT.
- Training for both medical and fire scenes.
- Participating in hazardous materials training.
- Driving and pumping apparatus.
- Doing the collective duties of a firefighter 1 and 2.
- Performing station cleaning and maintenance as required.
- using sophisticated firefighting and rescue equipment
- promoting fire safety via talks, advice and training sessions
- inspecting and enforcing safety standards in commercial and residential properties
- demonstrating the use of firefighting equipment
- performing practice drills
- working with police and ambulance service personnel
- undertaking physical and academic training
- Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members or police personnel.
- Operate pumps connected to high-pressure hoses.
- Respond to fire alarms and other calls for assistance, such as automobile and industrial accidents.
- Enter inspections, training and (on occasion) fire and emergency medical service calls into the records management system
- Abide by standard SOP’s and SOG’s.
- Participate in and instruct daily shift training.
- Assist with station and apparatus maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by commanding officer.
- Maintaining a state of readiness for emergency response; operate, inspect, repair and perform other technical tasks related to the apparatus and equipment in the Fire Department.
- Administering first-aid to injured or afflicted persons, spinal and cervical immobilization; stabilized patients for transport; performed Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Providing necessary first aid and life support as necessary; operated numerous types of rescue, emergency, and fire suppression equipment as necessary.
- Performing emergency medical duties as designated by state health and regulatory agencies for an Emergency Medical Technician.
- Ensuring that appropriate conditions are maintained at the assigned station; ensuring that all equipment and apparatus are in a constant state of readiness for emergency calls.
- Conducting a thorough check and test of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and other equipment; performing minor maintenance on apparatus and equipment.
- Participating in activities and operations in response to natural disasters, major accidents, incidents involving hazardous materials, and other emergency situations.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.