Financial Counselor Resume Examples
- Responsible for financially clearing patients at ER, hospital bedside or OP registration to obtain cash payment or determine eligibility for various governmental programs.
- Goes over insurance and costs of procedures with patients before admitting them to the hospital.
- Collect the payment and update the patient billing records.
- Notifies hospital case management, social services and admission staff of case screening determinations and outcomes via verbal and written communications.
- Explains hospital regulations, such as visiting hours, payment of accounts, charges, etc.
- Set up arrangements / monthly installment plans for patients to payoff balances within the guidelines of the RGH collection policy.
senior financial counselor (ip/billing)
- Educate patients about payment options and financial assistance
- Communicate with patients and insurance companies on the phone
- Appropriately document and report payment information
- Negotiate and strategize patient payment arrangements
- Update patient accounts and balances
- Review and process patient and insurance company forms
- Screen families or possible assistance from Children’s Mercy or Missouri/Kansas Medicaid
- Guide families that qualify for assistance through the application process for Medicaid coverage in Missouri and Kansas
- Assist families that qualify for financial assistance at CMH with the application process
- Process 40 financial assistance applications monthly
- Touch 5 holdbills each day
- Touch 15 accounts daily
- Meet with walk-in families to discuss options regarding their bill
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debit with-drawls.
- Created OB agreement and collected deposits based off insurance benefits
- Kept track of existing payment plans and pulled money due.
- Created payment plans for OB deposits, and over due account balances.
- Called insurance companies and verified benefits
- Reviewed claims and sent messages to the appropriate parties to fix any problems.
- Communicate with physician, physician staff, medical records staff, patients, and patient’s family to meet patient’s needs.
- Verification of insurance coverage for requested procedures and testing for patients.
- Schedule patient’s for necessary procedures and testing.
- Assist patients in updating demographics and all personal information in medical chart.
- Managed patients billing and accounts inquiries.
- Coordinated payment plans.
- Calculated patients co payments for visits and procedures.
- Liaison between office and insurance companies.
- Coordinate insurance benefits and authorizations.
- Organized all billing records and accounts.
- Analyze all delinquent accounts and mad recommendations of possible solutions.
- To admit and register incoming patients in all points of entry.
- To answer the phone in a timely manner while transferring calls to the correct place.
- To correctly enter the right insurance plan and collect payments from the patient or person financially responsible.
- Price accounts and obtain authorizations from patients insurance while keeping the patient informed along the way.
- To maintain an organized work place for myself and for my coworkers.
- To work efficiently and with order with the staff and patients so that things can run at a smooth steady past.
- To protect the patients privacy and confidentiality while remaining accurate
- Arrange for debt repayment and establish monthly payment plan, based on guarantors’ financial situation and the clinics guidelines.
- Notify guarantor of delinquent accounts by telephone, to solicit payment.
- Advise guarantor of necessary actions for debt repayment.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and documentation of deceased guarantors.
- Interview patients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, or other information needed to develop a financial funding.
- Analyze financial information obtained from patients to determine eligibility for meeting patient’s financial needs.
- Implement financial planning recommendations or refer patients to someone who can assist them with different funding.
- Contact the patient’s annually to determine any changes in the patients financial status.
- Explain to the patient the personal advisor’s responsibilities and the types of services that are provided.
- Knowledge of third party payers, assisted with the Obama Health Care insurance, collect copay if applicable.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for patients to discuss financial assistance programs.
- Organized and distributed mail and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- Collect co-pays and deposits from inpatient and outpatients.
- Set up payment arrangements.
- Processed and posted payments to patient accounts and prepared bank deposits for all departments.
- Initiated process and improvement team and provided training to new hires.
- Prepare financial data on high dollar accounts on patient accounts.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.