Financial Controller Resume Examples
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Performed all Accounting and bookkeeping duties including supervising staff and overseeing Administration department.
- Performed personal bookkeeping services for owners.
- Prepared company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Lodgement and Compliance with all statutory and Regulatory bodies.
- Preparing budgets and cash flows statements and IFRS reporting.
- Introducing the finance team to the treasury management system (TM5).
- Providing corporate reports to the controlling team of Gazprom Germania GmbH.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Prepare trial balances of books of EAST AFRICAN COUNTRY (TANZANIA).
- Prepare monthly Value Added Tax Returns of east African based companies.
- Prepare monthly Pay As You Earn (PAYE) Returns of east African based companies.
- Prepare monthly National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Returns of east African based companies.
- Compiled general ledger entries.
- Processing of payroll and related local returns (currently South Africa only, may extend to include Angola)
- Updating of cash book and posting of cash transactions
- Bank reconciliation and other balance sheet reconciliations (Lead Schedules) monthly.
- Ensuring adherence to internal processes and controls
- Full management of the Balance Sheet to ensure accurate recording of all assets and liabilities
- Cash Flow forecasting on a weekly basis
- Customer Invoicing and Credit Control
- Sole responsibility for all Group and division reporting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Created a single reporting process and procedure to align all contracts to the same reporting output within the same group reporting timelines
- Rolled out of a new SAP system across the majority of contracts a project that was completed over 1.5 years.
- Business Lead for migration of transaction services to a new service provider. Worked with the FD and MD on a rationalisation project to achieve economies of scale in the newly formed business unit.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
junior financial controller
- Providing support for the Controlling manager and CFO in terms of reports and presentations.
- Collecting data and results from all department managers.
- Creating financial reports on ongoing and completed projects, indicating advantageous results.
- Providing reports, ad-hoc analysis, annual operating plan budgets, monthly cost forecasts.
- Creating analysis and performance reports for management teams to review.
- Responsible for tracking CapEx projects.
- Reporting to the Finance Director based in Milwaukee USA
- Managed a team of 4 staff working within the AP, AR, Payroll and Financial Reporting functions.
- Managed cash flow, related forecasting processes and implemented and managed USD hedging ladder program.
- Completed all month-end reporting and forecasting procedures & submissions within a 3 to 7 day turnaround to Australian and US GAAP requirements.
- Completed month-end ERP rollover process, completing all journal entries, accruals and completely reconciling all balance sheet accounts and reviewing and cleaning P&L data prior to final submission.
- Maintained fixed asset registers.
- Acted as the main administrator for the group’s ERP systems, driving continuous improvement, staff training & issue resolution.
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Posting of supplier invoices, supplier account reconciliation and supplier payments
- Monthly forecasting of expected financial performance of all business units
- Annual planning of all business units
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.