finance coordinator/researcher – ibtci-usaid/west africa peace through evaluation, learning and adapting activity (pela)
- Managing operations and finance of the PELA project for the Ghana office and across 7 project countries in West Africa
- Collecting and reviewing literature and data on topics related to countering violent extremism (CVE) and peacebuilding in West Africa for the PELA team and USAID/West Africa implementing partners
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information on violent extremism into databases, including research softwares
- Coordinating PELA learning events in Ghana and Francophone West Africa, including all project countries in the region
- Serving as Security Focal Point for PELA West Africa, producing focused situation reports and briefings in support of all field-based activities in line with head office security protocols
- Prepared annual budget
- Compiled general ledger entries
- Coordinated monthly events focused on enhancing the community of hall residents
- Oversaw the purchase of supplies and kept records of all expenses
- Collaborated with administrators and peers to resolve attendance and communication issues
- Compiled community feedback on council activities and conveyed information to other council members
- Booked, coded and reviewed accounts payable documents using Lawson ERP and XM Expense Management System for 3 countries by verifying transaction information and compliance with the country specifics and policy.
- Ensured financial documents had been approved and were in line with the internal company policies and the delegation of authority matrix.
- Ensured financial documents had been coded and billed to the right project or accounting unit in compliance with PPD policies and procedures and statutory requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley) and billed to the correct cost center, project and expense account.
- Monitored data entered into the Lawson ERP and appropriate maintenance of financial data records.
- Resolved account discrepancies and communicated with the business extensively.
- Prepared payment reports.
- Resolved queries/ discrepancies and coordinated with different departments to successfully solve the case or escalate if required.
- Collecting, collating and carrying out complex data analysis in support of management & colleagues requests. Also involved in reporting statistical findings to work colleagues and senior officers.
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using Excel, Access and SQL.
- Responsible for loading, extracting and validation of data.
- Liaising 3rd party suppliers.
- Developing data analytical databases from complex financial source data.
- Performing daily system checks, data entry, data auditing, creating data reports & monitoring all data for accuracy.
- Carrying out specified data processing and statistical techniques. Supplying qualitative and quantitative data to colleagues.
- Reported directly to the CEO and worked closely with Finance Committee to drive and achieve strategic financial performance
- Performed variance analyses at the end of each month for the Finance Committee/board
- Restructured financial reporting in line with Australian Sport Commission’s requirements
- Prepared organisational budget in consultation with management, including providing support, advice and guidance to managers enabling them to develop project budgets and accurately report on their status
- Worked closely with the board in identifying known and emerging risk/market trends and determine the impact to the business. Also supported the business in development of risk mitigation strategies
- Simplified cash flow management and projection to enable the smooth operation of the business
- Developed financial process and procedure to complement streamlined finance policy and internal control procedures to minimize operational risk and improve efficiency