- Prepare for prosecutions related to animal treatment, and give evidence in court.
- maintaining a fleet of two landcruisers ( one 70 series and one 40 series)
- ensuring the hall for the local farmers market was clean and ready for the farmers market every saturday.
- maintenance of tractors and farm machinery.
senior farm manager
- Management of experimental and commercial plots husbandry activities
- undertake environmental management of the farm including agroforestry
- Manage farm fertility,organize for soil tests and proper use of agricultural inputs
- Advice Deputy Director on proper utilization of land
- Plan and organize harvesting and post harvest handling of produce
- Plan and manage irrigation and clean water systems for the station
- Manage and coordinate mainatainance of farm machinery and equipment
- ensuring good animal welfare practices are adhered to by all staff on the farm.
- getting the maximum number of cows into calf as possible to ensure a good calving season in the upcoming calving season.
- ensuring the udder health is at the best it can be while practicing best methods possible to ensure this.
- ensuring that milk quality is at the highest possible standard.
- all milking machinery is kept clean and hygienic at al times.
- all milking machinery is to be kept well lubricated, well maintained and serviced on time whenever necessary.
- pastures are measured frequently and managed according to the growth rates to ensure maximum intake of grass, to ensure a maximum output of milk is achieved.
- forward planning.
- making policy decisions.
- budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records.
- organising sales and purchases of livestock, farm equipment, crops and agricultural products.
- handling paperwork and keeping administrative records.
- recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers.
- regular servicing of tractors and farm machinery when required.
- being a good ambassador for the company as I had to deal with people at the Karkloof farmers market regularly
- management of farm personnel and casual labour
- Management of wild fires