family service worker
- Provide direct service and support to clients, such as handling a referral for child advocacy issues, conducting a needs evaluation, or resolving complaints.
- Develop and deliver competent clinical treatment service to assigned clients within their service area in order to reduce the factors contributing to the child protection risk.
- provides treatment, advocacy, assessment, case management, educational, and administrative services to the families and children on their caseload to reduce the factors which contribute to the protection risk to the child.
- Intervene with families to prevent situations of child neglect or abuse.
- Intervene with families to protect children being neglected or abused.
family service worker/investigator
- Investigated child abuse allegations
- Supported and directed families navigating court systems and obtaining needed treatment from local agencies
- Developed Safety Plans to ensure children could remain in their homes
- Communicated with legal service providers, social services agencies and local judicial systems regarding cases
- Contributed to court proceedings, including providing expert testimony and making recommendations for permanency planning
- Delivered high quality case management and therapy to children diagnosed with mental,behavioral or emotional disorders
- Managed all logistics for abuse and neglect cases from start to finish
family service worker
- Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as health requirements, applications, and family involvement.
- Successfully facilitated foster and kinship adoptions and helped to reunite families
- Maintained updated progress notes and case record, and documented children’s progress in recreational activities, treatment plans and education
- Evaluated clients and formulated individualized service plans outlining short term and long term goals; coordinated discharge planning with medical staff and outside healthcare resources and partners
- Offered services such as emergency response, family support and case management to meet individual child objectives
- Worked with the court system and CASA agencies to coordinate support services
- Collaborated with Arkansas State Police to investigate severe child abuse cases