- Organised the shipments by sea containers from the production sites in Europe and Africa to our clients and subsidiaries; 40 clients in 20 different countries; traffic of minimum 700 sea containers/year.
- Processed the letters of credit issued for the exportation to sensitive geographic areas : North Africa, Near/Middle East and Far East.
- Negotiated the freight rates : prospected and met with shipping companies. Obtained a reduction of over 10%.
- Liaised with the production sites in Europe and Africa to meet clients’ shipment requests.
- Worked closely with the Finance department to ensure conditions of L/C correctly followed and payments received.
- Issued all the export documents and certificates required.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, raw material and supplies.
- Participate in the development of specifications for products or substitute materials & new trends.
- Control purchasing department .
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing the buyer;
- Enter orders into system.
- File a proforma.
- Process purchasing orders.
- Book a place in the vessel with the maritime company.
- Check the export documents.
- Send the order to the port of shipment.
- Keep the seller notified about all the procedures and status.