- Created and taught relevant English lessons focusing on building fluency.
- Assessed progress of students to ensure success of language program.
- Developed reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in students aged 10-18.
- Prepared students for exams and oral presentations in their English classes.
- Plan and prepare classes for students with varied levels of Enlish proficiency that included activities in written and oral expression.
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet different students’ needs, abilities, and interests.
- Conduct workshops, and clubs to practice the lenguage and improve areas such as grammar, pronunciation, speaking and reading.
- Participate in the training of new instructors.
- Recruit and orient new students according to standards and procedures.
- Prepare and teach English language lessons for groups and individuals elementary to advanced levels.
- Administer appropriate leveled lessons to adults and children alike, adapting to their needs with every session.
- Implement methodologies that allow for the best performance in one-on-one sessions as well as session with more than one student.
senior esl instructor
- Taught, planned and assessed intensive English program to students in pre- university level.
- Planned, prepared and delivered lessons to all students in the class according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students.
- Created variety of assessment tools and strategies to improve instruction methods.
- Created curriculum and planned course content and methods of instruction.
- Teaching classes using online technology.
- Initiating, facilitating and moderating classroom discussions.
- Responsible for providing lessons and support to elementary level Chinese students who are learning English as a second language.
- Fostering a steady learning environment for students
- Always striving to make it simpler for my students to grasp the complexities of the English language by using real-life context.
- Adapting to the cultural differences when working with students from foreign countries.
- Integrating elements of Chinese culture and cultural practices in the classroom