senior environmental specialist
- Work in teams to perform lab pack services including chemical segregation, packing, and disposal
- Operate vacuum trucks/ box trucks as well as other equipment
- Respond to chemical spill emergencies by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials
- Experience in industrial wastewater, petroleum impacted water and drummed hazardous/non hazardous waste hauling and disposal services
- To provide strategic environmental advise on Strategic Investment Projects during feasibility and planning phase;
- Develop Environmental and Social Governance; and Sustainable Development Design Reports in relation to Equator principles and IFC standards;
- Play an active role in infrastructure project development by offering technical environmental inputs in all phases of the projects;
- Develop terms of reference for appointment of environmental consultants (EAP, ECO, and Specialists) to conduct impact studies, specialist studies and monitoring programmes;
- Stakeholder engagement management with authorities (e.g. DEA, DWS, MTPA) and I&APs;
- Identify environmental and social risks and recommend mitigation measures and monitor the implementation thereof;
- Providing quality assurance with respect to the implementation of the environmental governance framework during construction;
- Provide technical assistance/guidance on compliance assurance projects.
- Provide environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Develop and review plans, procedures, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, stormwater, and wastewater program compliance.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Manage Environmental consultants (EAP & ECO);
- Monitor compliance with Environmental Authorisation requirements for all projects during and post projects implementation;
- Identify opportunities for cost-effective solutions to existing and new environmental challenges while still managing the environmental risks;
- Internal reporting for senior management and client (STEERCO, EXCO, and OPCO);
- Restocked hospital rooms, emptied trash, swept and mopped floors.
- Peer review all environmental related reports submitted by consultants, provide comments and manage consultants/service providers;
- Coordinate and manage environmental audit findings by internal and external auditors for projects in execution;
- Facilitate environmental authorization process for all projects requiring environmental approvals;