English Teacher Resume Examples
- Teach classes using
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws or administrative policies.curriculum across multiple levels as assigned.
- Develop lesson plans conforming to set syllabus.
- Transform classroom atmosphere conducive to learning by providing required classroom facilities.
- Update and maintain accurate record keeping for daily attendance and student performance.
- Complete all ESL paperwork within given deadlines.
- Test, evaluate and counsel students with respect to their academic performance and goals.
- Teaching bachelor students of different fields how to develop their english skills according to their study programs.
- Finding didactic ways of teaching the language to primary and high school students.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-house workshops and ongoing teacher training programs.
- Learn and comply with institutional policies and procedures.
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques, or methods in subjects such as basic English language skills, life skills, and workforce entry skills.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as poetry, novel structure, and translation and adaptation.
- Teach writing classes.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Reading and Writing teacher.
- Developer and created ciricullum
- Team Leader/Supervisor—7 years
- Supervisor of extra cirucullar clubs.
- Teach and guide ESL students as assigned.
- Interact with academic supervisor to improve delivery of KIC academic programs.
- Solicit and incorporate feedback on classroom performance to ensure positive and meaningful student experience.
- Correspond effectively with school administrative staff regarding planned and unplanned absences.
- Taught students high school English and GED preparation at residential job training center.
- Adapted teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests. students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Guided and counselled students with adjustment or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Met with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress.
- Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, and composition, as well as in reading, speech, drama, and journalism, to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Trustees and other appropriate learning activities.
- Coordinating and monitoring the district’s compliance with Section 504 and Title II of the ADA, as well as state civil rights requirements regarding discrimination and harassment based on disability;
- Overseeing prevention efforts to avoid Section 504 and ADA violations from occurring.
- Determines instructional materials designed to achieve instructional goals and performance objectives. Selects books and instructional aides appropriate to the interest and maturity level of pupils.
- Evaluates each pupil’s progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and prepares progress reports.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and/or in self selected professional growth activities.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual pupil’s progress.
- Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.Developed curriculum for a creative writing class that covered short story, poetry, and screenplay writing for 9th through 12th graders.
- Created and advised a new journalism class that produced a bi-weekly student run newspaper, as well as, the school yearbook.
- Guided 12th grade students through the transition to life after high school, including the college application process, military enrollment, and vocational school options.
- Organized and implemented all student life activities including student council, school dances, 12th grade fundraisers, and English class fieldtrips.
- Chaired English Department and oversaw the development of curriculum to ensure success for teachers and students in the classroom.
- Kept classroom organized, clean, and safe for all students and visitors
- Led interesting and diverse group activities and games to engage students in their daily lessons they take
- Utilized multimedia strategies and technology to convey information in fresh and interesting ways
- Prepared lesson plans for every class of the week so as to prepare for them ahead of every class
- Worked with administrators on behavioral issues to support needs of all students
- Developed English lesson plans in line with the national curriculum: Planned English lessons to meet curriculum standards.
- Built rapport with students through fun and engaging lessons
- Helped students understand, speak, read and write in English.
- Delivered engaging, coherent lectures and motivating lessons to students across all Key Stages. Utilized learning technology in the planning and delivery of lessons.
- Modified assignments and activities to meet the learning needs of individual students – Identified and sorted into small, similarly skilled groups.
- Evaluated the students’ class work and assignments: Graded tests, essays, reports and other assignments – Regularly provided students with feedback in line with the faculty assessment systems.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.