- Name of assignment or project: Jaffna and Kilinochchi Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Year: 2015-present
- Location: Jaffna
- Client: National Water Supply and Drainage Board
- Main project features: Water supply to 300,000 beneficiaries (Intake, treatment, storage and distribution); and Sewerage to 80,000 beneficiaries (Reticulation System including treatment plant and effluent disposal reuse system) proposed to cover the most densely populated areas of Jaffna Municipality and the University
- Positions held: Engineering Assistant
- Activities performed:
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
- Receives products and coordinates delivery
- Prepares loads for shipment
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Worked With engineers and technicians in creating plans for solar panels
- Practiced and trained with computer software like AutoCAD, Microsoft word and excel
- Recognized for productivity, accuracy & efficiency in meeting the company due dates and objectives.
- Oversees inventory of goods and vehicles
- Oversee support staff.
- Provide technical engineering support in the planning of projects, such as the design of plastic shredder and extruder machine, to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and policies.
- Determine production schedules and requirements necessary to ensure the timely delivery of services.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve machine design objectives.., to ensure job success.
- Set up, copy, scan and make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Assist technician with questions regarding their time keeping records.
- Create monthly schedules of maintenance personnel and engineering staff
- Responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and stored or hard copy documentation produced by contractors, suppliers, tenants or departments. E.g. Sales Invoice, Delivery Receipt, Blue prints, Time keeping forms, Service Report, Contract and Incident Report.
- Provide technical assistance to engineers and technicians. Assist technicians in handling routine customer issues.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise either by the tenant or other departments and it will disseminate the information to supervisor and technician.
- Complete maintenance work orders, work permits from all departments on a timely basis by standard operating procedures.