- Getting manuscripts peer reviewed
- Initiating contracts (author/editor, book, series, etc.)
- Sending manuscripts to production and supporting teams involved in various stages of the process
- Creating and editing marketing content and blurbs for upcoming titles
- Editing the front matter for books
- Carrying out quality checks on book proofs
- Handling author and vendor queries during the publishing process
- Key member of the editorial team (print + digital)
- Pitched editorial ideas, managed social media and web content
- Ensured timely launch of revamped website
- Wrote articles in a variety of topics for both print and digital magazines
- Held the position on a contractual basis for a total of 21 months during the period of Feb 2015 to Nov 2017
junior editorial assistant
- Gained experience in digital editorial across the site’s verticals which included health, beauty, style, lifestyle, relationships & parenting
- Developed the ability to pitch & curate stories for the site communicated in the brand tone
- Loaded, proofed & formatted posts for senior editorial staff
- Scheduled social media posts for Instagram, Twitter & Facebook
- Sourced relevant content to share across the sites channels
- Demonstrated the abilities to multitask & problem solve
- Managed multiple competing deadlines within a fast-paced media cycle
- Research, write and edit copy for print and digital content for multiple Hearst titles, including Good Housekeeping, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, etc.
- Pitch seasonally appropriate story ideas daily with team and editor-in-chief
- Hands-on approach to content development working exclusively in the test kitchens
- Implemented improved research, writing and editing processes to ensure consistent messaging and tone throughout each Hearst publication
- Manage and organize ongoing projects between Hearst and partnership brands, specifically the launch eMeals
- Establish and develop relationships with PR to build stories, including calling in products for testing and photoshoots
- Responsible for Japanese and local Japanese business news.
- Translate daily news from Mandarin and Malay to English.
- Covering press conferences and conduct interviews with business experts.
- Write an English article to Kyodo News in Tokyo every week.
- Research and write Japanese community and business industry trends and happenings.