- Operate a working crew to get tasks done efficiently.
- Work and solve problems on the rig.
- Operation of the oil rig for normal operations.
- Making sure that daily tasks on the rig are done safely and properly.
- Responsible for maintaining full control of the Rig at all times and ensure that proper procedures and policies are followed.
- Responsible for routine maintenance on the Rig.
- Assisted with increasing productivity to have job completed earlier than planned to build customer satisfaction
- Operate all drilling equipment and direct drill crews while drilling vertical, directional, and horizontal wells and ensuring the safety of all team members on site.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain inspection records
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Accurately record all drilling data and oversee all critical operations on the job site
- Exemplified strong work ethics & determination by working from a floor hand up to driller in 3.5 years and promoted to Toolpusher at the age of 25.
- Collect and examine geological matter, using hand tools and testing devices.
- Start, stop, and control drilling speed of machines and insertion of casings into holes.
- Select the appropriate drill for the job, using knowledge of rock or soil conditions.
- Drive or guide truck-mounted equipment into position, level and stabilize rigs, and extend telescoping derricks.
- Receive instructions for drilling parameters (weight on bit, rotary table rpm, pressures and pump outputs) as well as other work procedures (type and expected life of bit, mud characteristics, bore control etc.), and ensure their correct application. Whenever deemed necessary, within the specified limits, change the drilling parameters to improve the drilling progress;
- Receive handover for the previous shift and verify the status of operations and equipment before beginning his shift;
- Check and set up the equipment necessary for the assigned shift, i.e. drill pipes and other tubular material, x-over, etc;
- Operate the drawwork during drilling activities and complex manoeuvres;
- Assist rig down/rig up operations by coordinating and controlling;