- Preparing new dog owners of the importance of early training.
- Teaching basic commands such as sit, down, come, and stay.
- Preparing each dog for the canine good citizen.
- Ensuring a dog and owner coexist happily and lessening the chance of re-homing
- Eradicating unhealthy and unwanted behaviors
- Helping dog owners with difficult behavioral issues such as fear aggression, leash aggression, and separation anxiety
- Educating owners about the importance of proper nutrition, regular vet check ups, and appropriate toys for each life stage
- Clean facilities and equipment such as dog pens and animal control trucks.
- Educate the public about animal welfare, and animal control laws and regulations.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
- Cue or signal animals during performances.
- Teach classes and private sessions to dog owners.
- Responsible for handling payments and record keeping.
- Perform puppy evaluations and service dog consolations.
- Demonstrations with my own dog for school and community groups.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, and security.
- Keep records documenting animal health, diet, or behavior.
- Create personalized training plans.
- Answer inquiries from the public concerning dog behavior.
- Train dogs in human assistance.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, service work, therapy work, and general good behavior.
- Oversee Canine Good Citizen and S.T.A.R. Puppy evaluations through the American Kennel Club
- Keep records of class attendance for dog and handler teams.
- Explain and demonstrate exercises in a group class environment.
- Address questions and concerns from clients and develop plan to address concerns.
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach techniques, or methods.
- Talk to or interact with animals to familiarize them to human voices or contact.
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and skin with water, liquid soap, dryers, and/or other solutions.
- Demonstrate and sell products.