senior dialysis technician
- Assembling the dialysis machine and ensuring its proper performance.
- Monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment.
- Working in tandem with nurses and doctors.
- Ensuring sterilization of operating equipment before use.
- Responding to emergency scenarios.
- Educating patients on health maintenance and care.
- Developing operational training material for staff.
- Patient Blood Sterilization
- Taking blood pressure
- Checking patient’s weight
- Inspect and maintain hemodialysis machine before, during and after the procedures
- Fluid removal rate calculations and adjustments
- Create patient records before, during and after each procedure
- Inform nurse or physician of changes in patient condition
- monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment
- ensuring usage of the machine is safe and secure and adjusting patient fluid removal rates as required
- Assembling the dialysis machine and ensuring its proper performance
- Attending to patient needs.
- Understanding patient physical and emotional concerns
- Educating patients on health maintenance and care
- working with Dialysis Nurses and physicians
- Obtain vitals on incoming patients
- Set up and tear down hemodialysis machines
- Cannulate AVF fistulas and grafts
- Prepare catheter for treatment
- Monitor patient throughout treatment
- Chart into patient EMR
- Water treatment and testing
- Obtained blood samples/culture specimens & prepared for shipment
- Ensured dialysis water quality through monitoring and testing
- Resolved any problems with the machine or patient during treatment