- Conducted complex investigations for successful prosecution.
- Worked in collaboration with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and task forces.
- Crime scene processing of physical evidence.
- Maintained a caseload with a wide variety of investigations.
- Authored many search warrants to gain evidence for prosecution.
- Investigator in charge of crimes against persons and property, including several violent assaults and homicide
- Advanced training in Crime Scene Investigation, Arson Investigation & Hostage Negotiations
- Assigned out to county-wide Task Force working undercover during a high-profile murder case in a neighboring jurisdiction
- Was unable to catch criminals due to lack of physical training
- Investigate felony level crimes including, but not limited to: homicide, felonious assault, robbery, theft, sexual assault, and fraud.
- Obtain experience and knowledge interviewing suspects, witnesses, and victims while piecing together the story of how specific felony level crime(s) occur.
- Work closely with the State of Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification to gather forensic evidence needed to support investigations.
- Frequently testify in court using evidence and information analyzed by the forensics unit, crime labs, and self-propelled investigations.
- Strong victim advocacy, doing everything possible to get justice for victims while keeping them apprised of the progress of their case. Work closely with city and county prosecution to ensure legal process and protection of victims is of utmost importance.
- Responsible for investigating major felonies, such as homicides, assaults, robberies, burglaries, and offenses involving children, that occur within the City of Jefferson.
- Organize and collect vital details and identify items of evidentiary value to be used for the successful prosecution of those criminally charge with an offense.
- Responsible to independently maintain active case load and to work with outside organizations to fully investigate various crimes.
- Responsible for testifying in Grand Jury and other Circuit Court Appearances.
- Responsible for supervision and maintaining crime scenes while investigating a criminal offenses.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a relationship with victims and those close to the victim for any assistance and future court proceedings.