design manager / senior structural engineer
- Manage the design team including recruitment, performance management and mentoring.
- Coordinate with all design consultants to ensure consistency and compliance with client needs.
- Run regular design meetings with the client and consultants, ensuring continued progress of the design aspects of the project.
- Coordinate designers and consultants for production of schematic design and detailed design development.
- Coordinate designers for the production of tender drawings and specifications (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, acoustic, lighting, fire protection, landscaping, and interior design).
- Consult with client for proposed design changes and evaluation of their impact on schedule and budget.
- Conduct value engineering reviews with the support of the Architecture Department, Civil and Structural Engineering Department, and MEP Engineering Department.
- Develop manufacturing procedures and monitor the manufacture of their designs in a factory to improve operations and product quality.
- Participate in new product planning or market research, including studying the potential need for new products.
- Review and evaluate claims by designers and consultants, and management of change orders.
- Coordinate a technical/design review by a third party consultant where required.
- Working on high Rise apartment buildings,Residential villas and high rise office buildings.
- Meeting with clients to discuss project objectives and needs.
- Meeting with construction professionals to discuss feasibility of designs,measure and decide project approaches and discuss problematic issues and formulate resolutions.
- Preparing and presenting design proposals, including detailed drawings of finished buildings or renovations.
- Preparing working drawing and coordinating with all the consultants.
senior design manager
- Lead a team of 5-10 engineers to design solar power projects (Electrical and structural).
- Designed more than 100 projects across USA, India and Africa for C&I and utility sectors.
- Review the design documents based on NEC and other relevant local codes.
- Selection and approval of components.
- Techno-commercial discussions with clients and vendors.
- Sales Support- Site surveys, Preliminary engineering, Estimation, Energy generation simulation, Technical discussions with clients.
- Procurement support- Providing the BOM, detailed specifications of components, vendor selection.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination..
- Installation support- providing construction drawings, troubleshooting, quality control.
- Calculating project IRR and ROI.