- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, using markers and pen, and Solidworks modeling software.
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with customer specifications and production limitations.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, function, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Fabricate models or samples in paper, wood, fabric, plastic, metal, and other materials.
- Read publications, attend showings, and study competing products and design styles and motifs to obtain perspective and generate design concepts.
- Evaluate and select alternatives for components that are obsolete or approaching obsolescence on current bill of materials.
- Implement approved change requests on technical drawings and vendor item part files.
- Screen and inspect newly generated vendor item part files for errors and deviation from company drawing standards.
- Coordinate activities of engineering personnel involved in sustaining aerospace product designs.
- Follow the standards & engineering sketches, design proposal specifications.
- Using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment software to develop designs.
- Participating in timely, efficient and cost-effective design.
- Work closely with purchasing, manufacturing and planning departments.
- Modifying designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Drafting GA Drawings
- Designing Belt Conveyor System
- Designing & Drafting Conveyor Components
- Analysis of Structural Elements via STAAD.Pro
- Created CAD drawings using AUTOCAD to convey manufacturing and production configurations
- Structural design solutions for two projects for DRDO, estimated at a net worth of $7 million.
- Duties: Producing FEED reports, CAD Models(using CREO), FEM Analysis(using ANSYS & CREO) & Drafting manufacturing drawings(AutoCAD).
- Design and dynamics analysis of customised saddle structures, lifting equipment, cargo containers and safety equipment for rocket booster weighing over 100tonnes.
- Designing Hypobaric Chamber for high altitude simulations for ISRO.
- Work on Integrated Platform Management System with motion control simulator for P-75 (Scorpene)class Submarine of Indian Navy.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications