Design Engineer Resume Examples
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, using markers and pen, and Solidworks modeling software.
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with customer specifications and production limitations.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, function, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Fabricate models or samples in paper, wood, fabric, plastic, metal, and other materials.
- Read publications, attend showings, and study competing products and design styles and motifs to obtain perspective and generate design concepts.
- Evaluate and select alternatives for components that are obsolete or approaching obsolescence on current bill of materials.
- Implement approved change requests on technical drawings and vendor item part files.
- Screen and inspect newly generated vendor item part files for errors and deviation from company drawing standards.
- Coordinate activities of engineering personnel involved in sustaining aerospace product designs.
- Follow the standards & engineering sketches, design proposal specifications.
- Using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment software to develop designs.
- Participating in timely, efficient and cost-effective design.
- Work closely with purchasing, manufacturing and planning departments.
- Modifying designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Drafting GA Drawings
- Designing Belt Conveyor System
- Designing & Drafting Conveyor Components
- Analysis of Structural Elements via STAAD.Pro
- Created CAD drawings using AUTOCAD to convey manufacturing and production configurations
- Structural design solutions for two projects for DRDO, estimated at a net worth of $7 million.
- Duties: Producing FEED reports, CAD Models(using CREO), FEM Analysis(using ANSYS & CREO) & Drafting manufacturing drawings(AutoCAD).
- Design and dynamics analysis of customised saddle structures, lifting equipment, cargo containers and safety equipment for rocket booster weighing over 100tonnes.
- Designing Hypobaric Chamber for high altitude simulations for ISRO.
- Work on Integrated Platform Management System with motion control simulator for P-75 (Scorpene)class Submarine of Indian Navy.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications
- Infrastructure design including Drainage & Road and Earthwork for housing & factories project
- Liaise with authority (PBT, JKR JPS, IWK etc.)
- Preparing layout and detail drawing for infrastructure
- Present designs and reports to customers or design committees for approval, and discuss need for modification.
- Giving the Lighting design and Controls for commercial and residential buildings.
- Giving 3D renders and Video Simulations for Lighting Design.
- Giving home automation and Security solutions for commercial and residential buildings giving ease of use for house control and for energy management.
- Giving Audio Video Solutions for better home entertainment.
- Coordinating with the Architects and the Clients regarding the proposed solutions and their feasibility in the project
- Giving CAD drawings giving all details of the proposed solution.
- Site Visit of the projects to oversee the work in progress and making sure it goes on correctly.
- Integrated environment, health and safety regulations into process design and work practices.
- Created CAD drawings to convey manufacturing and production configurations.
- Consulted with marketing department about product upgrades and failures in service.
- Continually improved methods and procedures for processes, measurement, documenting and work flow techniques.
- Mentored junior engineers and new hires to better improve the competency and efficiency of all staff.
- Managed engineering changes using SAP systems.
- Completed accurate engineering calculations for weights, loads and other metrics using both manual and digital methods.
- Design of Expansion Bellows in optibal software by stress analysis and movement calculation as per EJMA standards and ASME codes.
- Prepare cost estimation of Bellows.
- Negotiation with customers on technical and commercial aspects of Bellows.
- Review and approve quotation drawings and final drawings.
design engineer/ consultant
- Generated estimates of scope of work, work hours.
- Road Level Calculations.
- Clearing doubts with Clients.
- Manhole Invert Level Calculations.
- Maintained historical datacases of the projects undertaken.
- Water consumption Calculations.
- Water supply designing for Residential and Commercial projects.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.