- Recruit, interview, and participate in selection of employees.
- Develop and update departmental procedures, policies, training and standards.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Communicate with the public, department employees, and other individuals to answer questions, distribute or explain information and address external and internal complaints.
- Provide assistance with events, such as police department investigations. (Police Team Concept).
- Research and analyze member or community needs to determine program directions and goals.
- Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing evidence, review of BWC footage.
- Keep records or prepare reports for owner or management concerning visits with clients.
- Enforced state and local laws
- Observed and documented evidence
- Accurately and timely filled out paperwork
- Responded to calls including, law violations and medical emergencies
- Effectively deescalated intense situations using professional communication skills
- Trained other deputies defense and arrest tactics
- Took on extra duties
- Responded to 911-dispatched calls involving traffic incidents, emergencies and criminal activity, including , domestic violence, assault, theft, burglary, drug trafficking and vandalism.
- Worked with patrol and other first responders to assess scenes, ensure victim/public safety, apprehend suspected criminal offenders, secure crime scenes and conduct preliminary investigations.
- Organized and led saturation patrols to help detect and apprehend impaired drivers.
- Drug Recognition Expert
- I ensured the general safety of the public.
- I processed crime scenes.
- Talked regularly with citizens to establish rapport and become a familiar presence in the area.
- Apprehended suspects, read Miranda Rights and transported offenders to jail.