- Develop ideas or plans for merchandise display.
- Orchestrate merchandise placement and displays to accommodate seasonal holidays, weather, and customer demand to promote sales.
- Assign tasks and provide feedback to advocate growth and knowledge in the workplace
- Write and record orders for merchandise or enter orders into computers.Resolve customer complaints or answer customers’ questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Supervised specialty departments and acted as open and closing manager.
- Created visually appealing display window to capture the customers interests.
- Analyzed sales trends and ordered needed stock for three departments.
- Trained new hires and coached to store initiatives. Drove sales through product knowledge.
- Implement policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with senior management.
- Provide associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Assist customers with questions regarding products across the store.
- Train or instruct associates in job duties or company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Discuss job performance problems with associates to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and work lists for associates.
- Consult with senior managers or other personnel to resolve problems in areas such as equipment performance, or work schedules.
- Monitored the daily activities of multiple customer support teams.
- Interviewed, hired and trained new quality customer service representatives.
- Followed through on all critical inter-departmental escalations to increase customer retention rates.
- Conducted annual employee assessments of direct reports based on performance.
- Coach, develop and engage direct reports to ensure they can meet expectations and take action as appropriate when performance does not meet expectations.
- Practice The Big 3: Customer Service, Store Appearance and Out of Stocks
- Support fellow departments or be a back up to departments when their is a influx of customers by learning vital roles within The Home Depot.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to help customers understand the products they’re purchasing or using
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations throughout the working day.