Corrections Officer Resume Examples
- Managed 45-80 inmates per day and successfully controlled operations to reduce internal incidents
- Established and maintained professional and productive relationships with law enforcement personnel, court employees, judges, correctional staff, inmates, and administrative staff
- Maintained security and control of the institution. Enforce institutional policies and procedures.
- Member of the Corrections Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Lead Booking Deputy
- Member of the Crisis Intervention Team (CIT)
- Provide detailed reports regarding altercations, isolation of residents, disciplinary actions, medical maintenance and other reports as required.
- Supervise inmates in housing units and those segregated for administrative or punitive measures; instruct inmates in housekeeping and sanitation; supervise the issuance of clothing and other personal effects to inmates.
- Make periodic patrols of quarters and work areas and initiate counts of inmates at regular and irregular intervals; maintain control and discipline including use of physical restraint and restraining devices; prevent the introduction of contraband into the institution.
- Check inmate mail for possible contraband; maintain a periodic patrol either inside or outside the institution to ensure the security and integrity of the institution. Monitor, supervise and screen inmate visitor traffic; monitor periguard system; observe traffic in and around the compound.
- Instruct inmates and maintain control in areas such as the inmate food service area, auditorium, etc. Observe for signs of disorder or tension and report such observations to a higher authority; counsel with inmates regarding institutional, domestic or emotional adjustment problems.
- Maintain a record of equipment, supplies and other items; maintain and demonstrate proficiency in the use and care of firearms, restraint methods and equipment and emergency measures; maintain knowledge of communication and other electronic equipment; instruct inmates in the proper care and use of institutional equipment.
- Maintain master inmate location counts; setup and receive inmate counts and be familiar with the entire operation of the Control Room; initiate and participate in search of inmate recreation areas, work areas, and housing units to prevent the introduction of contraband items.
- Maintain proper security of inmates being transported; ensure that all transportation permits are completed accurately and signed by the appropriate authority; institute proper restraints as appropriate for inmate’s custody classification; check transportation vehicles daily.
- Supervise inmates
- Keep a safe, clean, and secure enviroment at all times.
- Trained incoming new employees on day to day operations as well as policies and procedures.
- When necessary, used physical force, un-armed self-defense, non-lethal weapons, or force to detain or secure inmates.
- Write daily reports to help further treatment strategies and diagnostic efforts.
- Apprehend escapees safely while following proper techniques.
- Sign in all visitors and completed appropriate visitation log forms.
- Receive property from incoming inmates provide receipts and inspect for contraband.
- Maintained records and logs of man hours materials and equipment used.
- Supervised the meal distribution and observed inmates during meals.
- Verified warrants conducted searches and fingerprinted inmates.
- Pod Deputy
- Document And Report All Activity Within The Jail
- Give Food And Water To Inmates
- Write Disciplinary Forms When Rules Were Not Followed
- Write Reports On All Incidents
- Booked inmates in and out of the facility.
- Oversaw the breakfast, lunch, and dinner times.
- Salved inmate deputes and problems that occurred.
- Daily routines include performing jobs such as passing medication, book in inmates, monitor cameras, review recordings, make reports regarding inmates, perform walk throughs, cell inspections, release inmates and perform shakedowns, transport inmates, monitor work release inmates, search mail, court security, finger print subjects, communicate with on duty nurse as well as passing meals to inmates.
sr. corrections officer
- Maintained safe environment for residents in custody
- Guided youth through a strict daily schedule
- Managed Corrections staff
- Performed monthly performance reviews
- Performed regular audits of staff for compliance
- Attended regular training’s to keep skills relevant
- Supervise inmates in housing units as well as instruct and direct activities of inmates regarding housekeeping and sanitation.
- Additionally I monitor and track inmate movement.
- Make periodic patrols of quarters and work areas to prevent the introduction of contraband into the institution.
- Observe my post for signs of disorder or tension, diffuse if possible, and report such observations to my chain of command.
- Record normal activities, e.g. rounds, inmate movement times, etc, and I record emergency situations followed up by incident reports.
- Initiate and participate in search of inmate recreation areas, work areas, and housing units to prevent the introduction of contraband items.
- Account for inmates every two hours.
- Escort inmates to various activities.
- Clean living space, and office space.
- Search cells for contraband.
- Tower watch over prison grounds for escapee’s.
- Train and practice safety measures for emergency situations.
- Oversee inmates during meals, visits, recreation, telephone calls, and shower time.
- Write incident reports to help further security.
- prevent escapes safely while following proper techniques.
- Log and search inmates exited for other institutions.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.