concrete finisher/concrete form carpenter
- Build edge forms, beamside forms, clean forms, repair forms.
- Build scaffolding, land and fly scaffolding, grade scaffolding for soffit.
- Build soffit, land and fly soffit, grade soffit for beamside forms.
- Put up beamside beams and grade them for tables.
- Build tables, land and fly tables, grade tables for rebar.
- Build rods and cat heads, stab rods, secure rods with cat heads.
- Build fillers and set them.
- Finished edges with hand tools
- Finished slabs with walk behind machine
- Dug footers with mini excavator
- Dealt with inspectors, homeowners, business owners, concrete companies, sales representatives, other trade workers on same jobsite
- Prepare for concretePrepare and level forming
- Lay gravel where necessary
- Lay plastic and rebar (For slabs place leveling spikes)
- Make sure work space is clear and tools ready
- Ability to improvise when equipment fails or employees fail to show up, get fired, or quit. And also when troubles arise while working. Such as forms blowing out, grade stobs being stepped on,street traffic, etc.
- Cleaned and maintained vehicles, trailers, equipment, tools.
- Led and held responsibility of a crew of 5 – 10 men who performed these same tasks daily.
- Taught and educated individuals who lacked knowledge of certain aspects of the trade.
- Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
- overseeing a crew of men who specialize in pouring foundation or other cement construction.
- Maintained great work ethic and attitude while being dependable and trustworthy to employees and employer.