concrete finisher, crew leader
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager / Operations Manager
- Assist with assigning, directing, and monitoring, the work of all team members
- Monitor the crew and make operational adjustments to reach short term goals
- Work with other department managers to keep operation running efficiently and smoothly
- Train provide direction and/or assistance, answer questions and monitor the work of loaders
- Can operate a fork lift
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Read prints
- Layout floors,driveways, sidewalks, walls, curbs, parking lots, etc.
- Set elevations and operate laser leveling equipment
- Built, set, and pulled forms of all different types
- Figured square footage and yardage of cement needed for job
- Packed dirt with tamper
- Graded dirt with shovel prior to pouring. Also dug footers with shovel and pick axe.
- Setting forms
- Cutting and tying rebar
- Spreading, leveling and finishing concrete
- Use of hand and pole tools
- Read prints and direct team when necessary
concrete finisher/heavy equipment operator
- Load and move dirt, rocks, or other materials, using trucks, bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes.
- Tied steel and cut wire for slabs
- Operated concrete mixers chute
- Poured, leveled, and bull floated wet cement