- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective, and approving or disapproving dealers’ claims.
senior claims specialist
- Examine claims forms and other records to determine lienholder ‘s interest in the insurance claim is protected and claim funds are released per compliance and investor guidelines.
- administer insurance claim disbursements
- review property damage estimates
- Prepare report of findings of escalated compliants
- Review Inspect reports on damaged property, examining its general condition and status of repairs
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure repairs are completed to protect the interest of the lienholder, homeowner and contractors involved.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and financial accounting of claim funds.
- Handling MTPL claims
- Building standards and processes in a newly-formed company department
- Corrected and processed claims.
- Confer with clients to obtain claim details and provide information when claims are filed.
- Evaluate scanned images (DL’s, insurance card, paperwork) and enter the necessary information accurately into a billing system.
- Edit/correct billing codes as needed
- Meet with management regarding trends or billing errors.
- Assist clients with vehicle total loss claims by entering their total loss claim into the system.
claims specialist/due diligence
- Responsible for Validating and updating information in the loan servicing system.
- Reviewing prior lender service and payment history.
- Process claims to finalize resolution of estimates.
- Track and update information reflecting the life of the loan.
- Maintain documents in accordance with Nelnet’s policies and procedures.
- Finalize claim and process.
- Work with other departments as assigned.