childcare assistant/room leader
- Observe and record children’s play activities.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served and quantity eaten, and medications administered.
- Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, and songs.
- Organise and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
- Teaching different age groups from 1 year old – 5 year olds.
- Created a fun, nurturing environment for all children.
- Maintain a safe play environment for children aged 6 weeks- 5 years
- Dress children and change nappies
- Communicate with children’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviours, and related issues
- Provide care for handicapped children
- Sanitise toys and play equipment
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behaviour, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books
- Organise and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas
- Encouraged children to participate in activities and provided a nurturing environment by meeting the social, physical, cognitive, and emotional needs of each child
- Maintained open communication and conﬁdentiality with lead/assistant teachers and parents regarding children’s well-being
- Cleaned and sanitized classrooms/bathrooms
- Sterilized bottles and prepared formulas, changed and disposed of diapers and soiled clothing
- Occasional volunteer cook during the absence of a cook
- Preparing meals to ensure children ate fully and on time;
- Dressing and feeding infants and toddlers;
- Changing diapers and providing toilet training;
- Sanitizing toys and play equipment;
- Assisting in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
- Supervised the activities and well-being of children in a one-on-one and small group setting
- Planned and facilitated recreational and educational activities, including arts and crafts and group projects
- Cleaned and organized toy area and ensured a safe environment at all times
- Served snacks and assisted in feeding as needed