- Provided spiritual, emotional, and behavioral assessments of patients to the medical staff.
- Provided 24 hour-on-call pastoral care, to include emergencies, codes and deaths.
- Served as a liaison and advocate between patients, families, doctors and nursing staff.
- Performed bereavement services.
- Comforted and counseled families during crisis and bereavement.
- Led memorial services.
- Conducted Protestant worship services, as needed.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, and spiritual development and adjustment to health challenges.
- Respond to patient requests for spiritual care with compassionate listening skills.
- Develop, direct, and participate in training programs for staff and students.
- Performed and conducted Protestant worship services.
- Complete 400 CPE hours (1 unit)
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.Read books to entire classes or small groups.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
- Collect information about clients through sessions one on one.
- Collaborate with other staff members to make assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Refer clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs on clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.