- Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Monitor operation of cleaning machines and stop machines or notify supervisors when malfunctions occur.
- Press buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
- Clean and polish vehicle windows.
- Rinse objects and place them on drying racks or use cloth, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces.
- Maintain inventories of supplies.
- Listen to customer requests and provide them with knowledgable information to help.
- Operate switchboards and systems to run the car wash tunnel accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide assistance for customers with special requests for their wash.
- Keep records of calls placed and received relating to damages or complaints.
- Learned to work at a business that can be extremely busy or extremely slow, and how to mange both settings.
- Washed and vacuumed customer vehicles.
- Drove customers vehicles and parked them in tight quarters.
- Worked in a fast paced department learning the valuable skills needed to start my career in the auto industry at a young age.
- Was promoted to Service advisor at the age of 18.
- Monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures.
- Encourage customers of the daily specials, to acquire new sales and get involved in promoting business.
- Inspect completed machines to certify that maintenance meets standards and that automatic washing machines are ready for operation.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective automatic washing machines maintenance.
- Check for corrosion, distortion, and invisible cracks while inspecting equipment.
- Associating with customers such as collecting money.
- Detailing vehicles by hand.
- Operating machinery such as a car guiding track, washer machines, vacuums, and pressure washers.
- Janitorial services including cleaning, organizing, and trash clean up.