- Align, straighten, plumb, or square cabinets for installation.
- Glue and clamp edges or joints of assembled parts.
- Smooth or sand surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking.
- Cut or saw boards or plywood to required size using table saw.
- Clean work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean work area.
- Drive large trucks to and from suppliers.
- build kitchen cupboards
- work CNC machine
- made stone tops as well as laminated tops
- Operate CNC Router and ensure its smooth and accurate operation
- Choosing and grading timber for use
- Measuring and marking
- use of power tools including drills, saws, circular saws, thicknesser, band saws, mitre saws and large scale moulders
- reading and understanding job sheets and measurements involved in producing finished products
- prepping and waterproofing and painting products
- stacking timber according to grade
- working in a small team environment cohesively and efficiently
- Learning different screw sizes
- Learning all the tools and their usage
- Helping an employer with measurements
- Disposing of waste (Scraps of timber, tape, rubbish etc)
- Sweeping the floor
- Observing the employers as they were constructing timber cabinets at the workplace
- Watching and learning as they would construct kitchens in the homes of customers
- Program CNC as per production plans
- Provide maintenance and service on CNC as well as all other operational equipment in cabinet shop.
- dealing face to face with clients to achieve a detailed and precise job sheet
- Helping out by lifting heavy objects from the vehicle into the homes of customers