senior buyer planner
- Responsible for negotiating, procuring, and expediting purchased parts and materials in support of the company’s Master Production Schedule and inventory objectives.
- Review planned order requirements for assigned purchased components and place purchase orders with suppliers.
- Monitor inventory levels of assigned components.
- Adjust ordering methods to assure appropriate levels of material flow.
- Expeditiously respond to requests for status of purchase orders.
- Negotiate and implement cost containment and reduction opportunities.
- Reduce component lead times by improving supply chain efficiencies.
- Procure materials required to manufacture sub-assemblies and finished products.
- Leveling the manufacturing schedule based on incoming materials from the suppliers to meet supplier on-time delivery.
- Monitoring inventory levels based on buying strategy of Kanban or Min/Max or MRP
- Processing returned products, rework or restock or scrap.
- Minimizing/eliminating excess and slow moving inventory.
- Good Experience in MRP system and Agile, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Adjusting material planning methods in response to changes in customer. demand to meet value stream performance metrics.
- Monitor supplier quality and on-time performance.
- Creating Kanban Purchase orders in MRP and delivering through email.