basketball coach/ camp counselor
- Planned and organized practices
- Built player specific workouts
- In charge of a cabin of 18 young men. Tasked with making sure they were where they were suppose to be on camp. Basketball, baseball, meals, etc.
- Head coach of the camp competitive team for 11-12 year old age group.
- Was awarded Coach of the Week award.
- Plan, organise, and take training sessions.
- Adjust techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of each player.
- Teach rules and game strategies.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of opposing teams to develop game strategies and make plays.
- Encourage every player, while giving constructive criticism
- (2013) 7th grade basketball coach
- Scheduled practice times, scrimmages, feed the team, and parent work sessions
- Tutored several players throughout this experience
- Varsity assistant coach (2014)
- Scheduled the Route 40 Classic (A high school basketball showcase)
- Ran summer and fall workouts as well as some practices
- Developed game plans and adjusted them according to various game situations.
- Acted as a positive role model for team participants and in the community.
- Built strong rapport with athletes and assistants before, during and after coaching seasons.
- Manage Large groups of kids
- Provide training direction, encouragement, motivation, to prepare student athletes for games and competitive events.
- Plan, Organize, and conduct practice sessions.
- Plan and direct physical conditioning programs that will enable players to achieve maximum performance.
- Instruct individuals or groups in sports rules, game strategies, and performance principles, such as specific ways of moving the body, hands, or feet, to achieve desired shooting form, layup form etc.
- Monitor players’ use of equipment to ensure safe and proper use.
- Serve as organiser, leader, instructor, or referee for outdoor and indoor games of basketball