bar manager / head bartender
- Manage and oversee all bar operations including staff, inventory, cleaning schedules and service standards.
- Maintaining all relationships with beer and wine vendors and meeting all deadlines for weekly orders.
- Following up with deliveries and checking for accuracy and correct credits and deal allocation.
- Implementing inventory control measures and maintaining inventory for and maximum profits.
- Responsibly for recruiting, training and motivating bar staff.
- Utilize expensive knowledge of mixed beverages, specialty liquors and craft beers to serve customers and support waitstaff.
- Mix, pour and serve drinks for bar clientele, Serve meal options and answer customer questions in regard to food and drink options.
- Held coffee preparation demonstrations and assisted customers with selections of various coffee blends, teas, hot and cold espresso beverages, smoothies, and bakery items.
- Building employee’s through thorough training, consistent mentoring and recognising and utilising employee talents to provide professional and hospitable service.
- Solicited information from administrative staff, executive leadership, and other department managers to make informed decisions regarding operational changes.
- Determine areas of improvement for cost control and initiate changes.
- Reduce expenses by minimising waste and allocating staff shifts correctly.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Created and maintained social media for the bar such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Scheduling and time management
- Daily employee shift audit
- Communicate with security through radio ear pieces when physical fights occur and assistance is required.
- Collect money for drinks served and balance cash receipts.
- Mediate disputes and ensure staff and patrons are kept safe.
- Ensure bar is adequately stocked with beverages and cash change.
- Communicate with cash office via radio ear piece when back up cash change is required.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- Responsible Conduct of Gambling.
- Checking Identification to verify age requirements.
- Cleaning bar equipment.
- Stocking bar with beer, wine and related supplies.
- Recording Gaming Machine payouts.
- Balancing cash at the end of shift.