- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Dynamically selling products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Taking and filling special orders for customers
- Finishing products such as filling or icing doughnuts and pastries
- Packaging, labeling and pricing products for self-service
- Maintaining and filling bakery trays, display cases and ingredient bins
- Operating the scale
- Operating the bread slicer
- Unloading, organizing and restocking supplies
- Following sanitation and safety guidelines
- Assisting in cleaning duties
- Writing on top of cakes
- Cleaning routinely, with stringent attention to detail
- Slicing bread loaves via the slicing machine
- Unloading and loading inventory onto shelves and into the walk in freezer using proper lifting techniques
- Going through shelved product and removing expired or close to expired inventory, and re-facing them.
- Re-directing and bringing customers to products or items in their aisles
- Answering the phone
- Baking, preparing, packaging goods.
- Decorating cakes and pastries.
- Computer assisted ordering of product and supplies.
- Pulling daily reports, sales and shrink.
- Cleaning and maintaining quality control of work areas, as well as sales floor.
- Taking orders, answering questions and offering suggestions to customers.
- Maintaining product quality; shelf-life, rotating.
bakery clerk, cashier
- Perform basic book keeping duties
- Participate in receiving, storing, pricing and displaying inventory
- Monitor and rotate inventory to minimize waste and ensure that customers receive fresh products
- Creatively design cakes and treats; carefully package items