- Tore down, repaired, and rebuilt defective parts including braking, coolant, and steering systems
- Test drive vehicles to ensure quality of work
- Analyze vehicle performance by using computerized diagnostic tools
- Repaired and serviced air conditioning, engine cooling, electrical, and heating systems
- Troubleshoot fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment
- Performed routine, scheduled maintenance services, such as tune-ups, lubrication, and oil changes
- Ensured cleanliness of the work area
- Maintained an organized station to meet deadlines on repair orders.
- Ensured customers were aware of safety concerns and up selling any repairs.
- Removal and installation of transmissions, transfer cases, and differentials.
- Analyzed braking systems and serviced worn brake components.
- Diagnosed and resolved electrical issues.
- Utilized current scanning technologies to improve proper diagnosis of issues.
- Tuned, repaired and disassembled motors and repair and replaced parts.
- End of day clean-up
- Reconditioned, adjusted ignition, service and maintain fuel and cooling systems.
- Maintained records of repairs, parts used and names of suppliers, prepare and maintained records of work orders and work performed.
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged
- Test operation of engines and other systems,
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts
- Clean instruments to prepare them the road