- Trimming trees so that nothing is obstructing the power lines.
- Operating boom and driving bucket truck from site to site.
- Using power tools and hand tools on a daily basis.
- Following all safety guidelines to ensure there are no work related injuries.
- Prune, remove, and care for trees and shrubs
- Thin and space trees and control weeds and undergrowth, using manual tools and machinery.
- Safely Climb trees at jobsite. Viewing, Trimming, and Pruning. Felling Trees and full cleanup and removal.
- Maintain all equipment. Chainsaws, to Loader/Logging trucks and 1500 to 1800 Vermeer Chippers and Track Chippers.
- Acting leading worker.
- Prune trees in accordance with ETSA vegetation clearance guidelines.
- Liaise with ETSA and attend to requests in timely manner.
- Maintain records of work performed and complete data collection.
- Carry out emergency out of hour’s duties as required.
- Formalise staff training.
- Conduct audits of streetscape vegetation for minimum power line clearances.
- Monitor forest-cleared lands to ensure that they are reclaimed to their most suitable end use.
- Plan and direct construction and maintenance of recreation facilities, fire towers, trails, roads and bridges, ensuring that they comply with guidelines and regulations set for forested public lands.
- Communicate with all clients to ensure work is being done properly and to their satisfaction, and follow ups.
- Provide feedback to team leader to allow for accurate work planning and recording.
- Removal of trees or stumps
- Planting trees and shrubs
- Heavy machine operating
- Hedging bushes