- Oversaw inventory and pet supply purchases
- Caring for various animals
- Walked animals
- Fed animals
- Cleaning animal pens
- Till handling
- Stock refilling
- Animal husbandry for canines in a Quarantine environment, whilst adhering to AQIS standards and guidelines
- Carry out daily observation of animals with detailed documentation
- Office administration including answering client emails and phone call enquiries, data entry and correspondence with colleagues
- Close interaction with clients, providing detailed information of animals well being and direction relating to regulations of Quarantine Station Assist government vets with veterinary
- Provide animal husbandry for AQIS detector dog unit whilst developing understanding in practice of canine training techniques
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behaviour; notifying managers as warranted.
- Carry out office duties including scheduling boardings, answering and/or returning phone calls, settling payments, checking and responding to emails and managing paperwork and contracts
- Administer prescribed medications to animals, including but not limited to tablets and insulin shots
- Clean and maintain kennel and cattery facilities
- Washed and blow-dried dogs to a professional standard using industry-grade equipment
- Managed dog playtime and determined best positions for neighbouring dogs
- Worked with aggressive and shy/timid dogs effectively
- Assisted in feeding animals commercial feed,
- cleans and ensures orderliness in the farm, Monitors and treats infections or diseases of animals in the farm
- Maintains and repairs equipments used in the feeding, productions and cleaning
- Handles deliveries of farm products and produce to be shipped
- Ensure there are enough supplies for feed for the animals and submits orders if needed
- Study effects of management practices, processing methods, feed, or environmental conditions on quality and quantity of animal products, such as mice etc.
- Assist in the breeding of mice & mealworms
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors and entertainment obedience.
- Provide care for reptile species (particularly snakes & amphibians).
- Inventory or estimate of wildlife populations.
- Perform administrative duties such as , educational talks and supervision of zoo staff.