- I registered patients as they came into the ER or Outpatient.
- I verify their demographics and health insurance.
- Call their insurance and get the patients copay and a pre-cert when required.
- I escort patients to where their procedure is.
- I help train new employees.
admitting clerk/information clerk
- Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer: Interviews patient or representative to obtain and record name, address, age, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending physician, and individual or insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
- Explains hospital regulations, such as visiting hours, payment of accounts, and schedule of charges.
- Escorts patient or arranges for escort to assigned room or ward.
- Enters patient admitting information into computer and routes printed copy to designated department.
- Obtains signed statement from patient to protect hospital’s interests.
- May assign patient to room or ward.
- May compile data for occupancy and census records.
- admitting patients
- helping patients with paperwork
- answering busy phone calls
- rooming patients
- getting patients ready for surgery with all paperwork
- assisted with workers comp.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting charts.
- Complete and register charts and patients for outpatient and inpatient procedures.