- Implement specific behavior interventions that include antecedent, behavior and consequence strategies.
- Provide 1:1 therapy both academically and socially to increase language and communication skills, social skills, play skills, and daily living skills.
- Create a fun and motivating environment by reinforcing appropriate behavior.
- Observe and track individual student progress through daily data collection and graphing.
- Collaborate with teachers, school staff and BCBA’s to ensure student’s progress.
- Participate in staff trainings for professional development.
- Validated intensive behavioral interventions; observed and ensured that necessary intervention was performed appropriately based on each individual’s assessment
- Taught objectives on individual treatment programs using the principles of applied behavior analysis including discrete trial, shaping, natural environment training, verbal behavior, social skills, self-help, and behavior
- Implemented weekly behavioral and learning programs
- Collaborated and communicated with clients and families in an empathetic manner that made a positively impact on each patient’s behavior and treatment
junior aba therapist
- Helps increase socialization, play and language skills, while minimizing or eliminating negative behaviors.
- Motivate the kids through positive reinforcement of good behaviors and ignoring incorrect behaviors.
- Applies educational techniques based on the needs of each kid.
- Providing ABA therapy alongside relevant therapies – occupational therapy, vision therapy and speech therapy
- Sought employment opportunities for consumers
- Taught objectives on individual treatment programs using the principles of applied behavior analysis
- Collaborated and communicated with clients and families
- Performed school shadowing
- Implemented ABA techniques including DTT, PRT, PECS
- Provided parent education and encouraged parent participation
- Worked with children ranging from 3-13 on the autism spectrum
- Implemented strategies and goals set
- Prepared materials needed for therapy sessions
- Collected and managed data from each 1-1 session
- Guided students with any adjustment problems, academic problems, or special academic needs
- Attended IEP meetings with parents, BCBA, testing specialists, and other professionals to help develop goals
- Met with parents or guardians to discuss their children’s progress and taught skills for dealing with their child’s impairments