More Job Descriptions for :
- Educated children with ages ranging from 8- 16 on the importance of music in life
- Taught students scales, chords, progressions, the multitude of genres of music, certain picking types and good form always
- Increased my ability to stay patient, as my students were very young and sometimes a struggle to deal with
- Taught beginner guitar and drum set lessons to students mostly understand the age of 16
- Taught fundamentals of music theory
- Instructed students in proper musical technique
- Taught basic music structure and composition
- Provided engaging lesson plans covering music history and theory
- Instructor for battery and front ensemble for outdoor and indoor marching percussion seasons.
- Arranged music for marching band and drumline/symphonic percussion.
- Planned logistics for competitions and fundraisers.
- Competed in ADLA, SCPA, and SCSBOA circuits. Took 1st place at various ADLA competitions. Won 2009 ADLA Championships.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance
- Guide and counsel students with adjustments in their musical education.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities, and interests.and communicate those objectives to students.
- Taught piano, voice and music discovery, sheet music reading and music theory from beginners to advanced students.
- Aided students in preparations for auditions for diverse institutions by helping select pieces and assessing necessary practice time, as well as monitoring accuracy and progress.
- Help develop Fortissimo Music Program at The Salvation Army: Caguas Corps
- Instruct various classes such as percussion, brass, theory and piano