More Job Descriptions for :
- Oversee the preparation and care of the remains of people who have died.
- Provide or arrange transportation between sites for the remains, mourners, pallbearers, clergy, or flowers.
- Direct preparations and shipment of bodies for out-of-state burial.
- Perform embalming duties as necessary.
- Liaise with a wide variety of individuals
- Computer skills necessary
- Plan placement of caskets at funeral sites or place or adjust lights, fixtures, or floral displays.
- Arrange for pallbearers or inform pallbearers or honorary groups of their duties.
- Obtain information needed to complete legal documents, such as death certificates or burial permits, insurance claims, insurance assignments, and pre-needs.
- Consult with families of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituaries, casket selection, clergy, burial, and financials.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate funerals, burials, and cremations.
- Provide or arrange transportation between sites for the remains, families, pallbearers, clergy, and
- Participated in all aspects of funeral service, including, but not limited to creating and conducting celebration of life ceremonies with families, and the preparation of decedents in the care of the funeral home
- Developed proficiency in the use of funeral service technology such as New Jersey Electronic Death Registration System, FuneralOne custom printing and tribute video production, contract and financial software operations and Microsoft Office programs for PC and MAC
- Managed social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram, including the usage of NFDA’s Talk of a Lifetime campaign to increase the funeral home’s social media audience and engagement
- Served in the capacity of OSHA Compliance Officer; prepared site specific OSHA manual, organized and maintained thorough recordkeeping, coordinated safety practices and annual staff training
- Assisted in the organization of community outreach programs, such as the Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and the Annual Memorial Butterfly Release
- Authorized the development of a faster hearse.
- Operated day to day activities
- Suggested new casket designs for regional locations
- Maintained a steady revenue flow during the duration of working.