287 Custer Street, Hopewell, PA 00000
Capable, intelligent Accountant successful at overseeing the bookkeeping and financial reporting for multiple companies simultaneously and meeting goals under pressure. Extensive knowledge of accounting software and processes. Skilled in accounting operations and proficient in supplying quick responses and reports critical in guiding decision making to upper management.
Director of Finance, Halvorson-Hickle. North Phuongmouth, Montana
Jul. 2017 – Present
- Report directly to CEO. Responsible for all financial and HR matters including financial reporting, payroll management, cash management, insurance, facilities, billing, comp and benefits and selection of company's group health insurance plan.
- Established mileage reimbursement policies and system implementation for caregivers.
- Developed client profitability model to better understand overall client contribution. Analysis included
- Implemented purchase order process that resulted in speedier order processing times at reduced
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Advised management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.shipping rates and better more competitive pricing.
Operations Staff, Cassin Inc. Port Robt, Arkansas
Oct. 2016 – Nov. 2016
- Worked under the direct supervision of Primecare’s Director of Operations to update and streamline Primecare’s SOPs, including developing a standard employee packet utilized by all Primecare locations to date. Also helped develop processes for initiating services for new clients and created an audit form to ensure that all documents necessary to meet Federal and State requirements were present, completed correctly and filed. Helped to develop system utilizing Google Sheets to keep track of client
and employee complaints.
- Managed Primecare’s Atlanta office remotely (coordinating services between clients and caregivers, hiring staff and communicating with case managers, while also overseeing Milledgeville office)
- Resolved major and minor complaints placed by both clients and caregivers.
- Was involved in creating training manuals and processes for office staff positions
General Accountant, Predovic Inc. Cummerataburgh, Arkansas
May. 2015 – Jun. 2015
- Reported to CFO and was responsible for generating client invoices and assisted in the development of a strategy to increase collections on overdue invoices that resulted in a 25% increase in private pay and cost share revenue
- Generated revenue by billing for reimbursements of services through medicaid (GAMMIS)
- Assisted in the processing of payroll for over 250 employees including salary, hourly and contractors.
- Reconciled Bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Developed A/R and A/P Departmental Policies and Procedures
- Researched and implemented more efficient technology to streamline Financial Reporting Process
- Helped set up QuickBooks accounting software for use in a Home Care Agency
- Worked with Controller, CFO and upper management to develop a more effective accounting
Assistant Manager, Rodriguez, Marvin and Metz. Lake Robbiborough, Oklahoma
Apr. 2014 – Jun. 2014
- Inventory cycling, vendor and customer transactions
- File and maintain store records
- Trained in Theft Awareness, Cash handling and Customer service
Western Mississippi Institute, West Sunni, Arizona
BBA, Accounting, Dec. 2014
Peachtree Accounting Software
Medicaid Billing (Home Care and Adult Day Health)
Andrew Smith287 Custer Street, Hopewell, PA 00000
After retiring from the City of Carbondale in May of 2011, I now find it boring after more than six years of not being busy. I enjoyed hunting and fishing for a while but now not so much. I have a lot to offer to a company with my experienced background and using my mind again would be very satisfying. I hope that you may need use of this experience in your organization. Thank you for your time and attention.
Director of Finance/ city treasurer, Rogahn, Dach and Schumm. East Wilbert, Pennsylvania
Oct. 2001 – Sep. 2007
- Generated financial statements and facilitated account closing procedures each month.
- Analysed and researched reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures.
- Trained new employees on accounting principles and company procedures.
- Created periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Suggested budgetary changes to increase company profits.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
Agent, Beier LLC. Lake Hong, Alabama
Sep. 1997 – Sep. 1998
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
owner/ ceo, Medhurst-Vandervort. South Edmund, South Carolina
Aug. 1996 – Sep. 1996
Heavy truck maintenace with crew on customers premises. Provided maintenance to company fleets while their vehicles were off the road.
vice president/CFO, Kilback, Borer and Will. West Waltonport, New Hampshire
Nov. 1982 – May. 1986
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or boards of directors.
- Establish procedures for custody or control of assets, records, loan collateral, or securities to ensure safekeeping.
- Oversee the flow of cash or financial instruments.
- Prepare operational or risk reports for management analysis.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting or collection procedures, or investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, or other financial control functions.
- Communicate with stockholders or other investors to provide information or to raise capital.
- Review reports of securities transactions or price lists to analyze market conditions.
Vice president/ controller, Leannon, Hintz and Blanda. North Allenton, Wyoming
Aug. 1981 – Nov. 1981
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
cost accountant, Denesik, Spinka and Glover. South Luiseside, North Dakota
May. 1977 – Jul. 1978
Monitored cost of components in the production of radial car and truck tires.
The Minnesota University, Bernieceview, Kansas
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Jul. 1976
working in business environment
Not in love with this template? Browse our full library of resume templates
More Job Descriptions for director of finance Resumes
director of finance
- Provides flow of information to all division/department heads related to financial matters.
- Establishes an efficient management of the hotel’s accounting functions.
- Responsible for staff development within Accounting Department.
- Responsible for the preparation of Annual Budget Plan and Capital Investment Budget.
- Approves together with General Manager any paid out but not limited to; Checks, Petty Cash, Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order and other related financial requests.
- Prepare detailed reports on financial and administrative matters.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial, legislation, policies and procedures.
director of finance/manager of ecm financial reporting
- Responsible for financial reporting function within Finance including monthly reporting of P&L’s with variance commentary, scorecards and performance measures; created stronger financial management practices
- Developed $130MM annual operating budget, forecasts, annual business plans, executive presentations and scenario modeling
- Modeled variable compensation plans for business unit; identified inconsistent administration of compensation plan resulting in reduction of overpayments
- Managed a staff of four financial analysts
director of finance/ treasury/hr
- Average 45 words per minute while typing.
- Led the finance department on daily basis along with overseeing the receptionist as well.
- Verified all transactions completed each day.
- Completed end-of-month reports and closures.
- Organized and paid monthly equipment loan invoices.
- Calculated Sales Tax for payment each month.
- Verified check run weekly.
director of finance
- Forecasted operating costs for scheduled projects by strategizing with other departments.
- Evaluate the performance of, and provide training and development opportunities for Finance and Administration staff.
- Manage the maintenance and upgrade of financial, payroll and information systems
- Provide leadership by delegating tasks, responding to staff inquiries and providing overall direction to section employees.
director of finance
- Manage finance department and producers
- Ensure finance average is over $3000 per copy net of chargebacks
- Establish and maintain relationships with different lenders
- Support sales team to ensure success
- Review and evaluate credit applications
- Overcome lenders objections in regards to customer credit profiles
- Manage finance chargebacks