More Job Descriptions for community organizer Resumes
- Research environmental effects of land and water used to determine methods of improving environmental conditions or increasing outputs such as crop yields.
- Identify environmental mitigation alternatives, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, or regulations.
- Examine permits, licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Interview individuals to determine the nature of suspected violations and to obtain evidence of violations.
- Maintain engines, fishing gear, and other on-board equipment; and perform minor repairs.
- Steer vessels and operate navigational instruments.
- Formed small development group, build up working relationship with stakeholders at community level
- Organize meeting, seminar, workshop for facilitators and community leaders
- Reporting and documentation
- Networking with other like minded organzaiton
- Forum member capacity building
- Ensure livelihood capacity through linkage with local union parishad
- Manage regional organizing directors in a statewide campus and off campus youth voter engagement program that will train volunteers in electoral campaigning and advocacy
- Hold regional organizing directors and organizers accountable to metrics and goals; ensure timely and accurate data and field reporting from field staff
- Develop and implement trainings for staff and volunteers
- Give input on which local and state issues and campaigns for opportunities to engage in
- Support the State Director to develop and execute campaign plans and effective organizing tactics
- Work with the state Operations Director to support field team
- Work with regional data to develop tools to track field progress
- Recruited and trained community leaders from low-income neighborhoods, supporting them in strengthening their communities through coordinated action plans
- Coordinated campaigns to promote voting and advocate for infrastructure improvements
- Wrote lesson plans, create pedagogical activities and materials, and facilitate trainings for community leaders
- Facilitated workshops for LUCHA (Land Use Colonia Housing Action), a pilot adult education curriculum, with modules in land use, drainage, housing, public infrastructure, and development. Provided feedback and ideas for improvement to the course authors
- Contributed to the operational planning in different organizational departments for Organizing, Outreach and Communication
- Kept track of and generated reports on organizing and outreach efforts
- Managed a team of 10 paid volunteers for LUPE’s non-partisan Get Out the Vote (GOTV) efforts on Western Hidalgo County for local races, organized phone banks, coordinated transportation for people who needed rides to the polls, organized non-partisan candidates forums and developed questions for candidates with community leaders regarding issues concerning LUPE members
- Design educational events
- Arrange for speakers
- Solicit donations for aid caravans
- Manage the annual fundraiser event
- Work with local stores to sell products from a Guatemalan weaving cooperative