- Daily care of a wide variety of wild animals and larger domestic stocks.
- maintaining animal exhibits and holding areas.
- Keeping informed on the current animal collection.
- Heavy interaction with quest to insure a pleasant and educating experience..
- Feeding, maintaining and cleaning a variety of animal species
- Diet preparation
- Record keeping of animal habits, behaviour and eating patterns
- Evaluate the animal’s health and notify veterinarians when needed
- Educate the public on the animals
- Clean animal exhibits
- Train animals when applicable
zoo keeper/ maintenance
- Responsible for the well-being of the animals that lived at the zoo.
- Routinely fed animals, cleaned exhibits and monitored animals to ensure health and comfort.
- Educated visitors and lead student showings.
- Lawn and landscaping within the zoo and park area.
- Clean facilities and equipment such as bathrooms and animal exhibits.
- Perform administrative duties such as public relations, and supervision of zoo staff.
- Inseminate livestock artificially to produce the desired offspring.
- Assess the animal’s environment to ensure there are no potential threats
- Behavioural research and observation and participate in conservation efforts
- Clean facilities and habitats such as goat pens, kangaroo enclosure etc..
- Move livestock from one location to another for public viewing.