- Establish budgets, and work within budgetary limits.
- Requisition or acquire needed materials for special effects, including wigs, beards, and special cosmetics.
- Design rubber or plastic prostheses that can be used to change performers’ appearances.
- Create character drawings or models, based upon independent research, in order to augment period production files.
- Advise hairdressers on the hairstyles required for character parts.
- Study production information, such as character descriptions, period settings, and situations in order to determine makeup requirements.
- Demonstrate products to clients, and provide instruction in makeup application.
- Direct and coordinate fashion shows involving designer’s, model’s, MUA, hairstylist’s and more
- Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status
- Selection of locations, props, clothing, models, makeup artist, hair and overall look for photo shoots
- Closet revamp/organization
- Help clients determine what clothes work well with their personal style
- Attend industry events