- Evaluated the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources were used efficiently.
- Provided direct service and support to individuals or clients, such as handling a referral for child advocacy issues, conducting a needs evaluation, or resolving complaints.
- Established and maintained relationships with other agencies and organizations in the
- Participated in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.community to meet community needs and to ensure that services were not duplicated.
- Accomplishes department objectives by managing volunteers; planning and evaluating department activities.
- Maintains volunteer by recruiting, selecting and orienting.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and legal environment.
- Motivates everyone for doing good.
- Develops, coordinates, and enforces organisation policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
volunteer manager/ patient advocate
- Develop and maintain volunteer training and orientation program.
- Recruits, selects, and orients volunteers ensuring that the volunteer understands they are responsible to meet the needs of the patient.
- Establish a need for volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
- Assigns, coordinates, schedules, supervises, and evaluates volunteers in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team and identified needs for volunteer services.
- Responsible for accessing and documenting the competency of volunteers at the time of interview, at the completion of the initial orientation and annually.
- Ensuring hospice volunteers document activities upon completion of the activity.
- Maintains monthly statistics including the cost savings achieved through the use of volunteers and the level of activity.
- Showing leadership and confidence
- Effectively documents recruitment efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains accurate and current volunteer personnel files.
- Reevaluates volunteer program as necessary.
- Coordinates volunteer support groups and/or education meetings.
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Provides information to individuals and the community regarding hospice volunteer services.