- Assisting in treating sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery.
- Animal restraining, blood drawing, nail clipping, educating clients on vaccination schedules and preventatives.
- Perform initial evaluation of the animal’s condition, clean and wrap wounds, check vital statistics, collect samples, and administer medication.
- Assisting in euthanasia procedures, preparing tissue samples, assisting with dental care, performing laboratory tests on blood counts and urinalysis, recording animal case histories, developing radiographs and x-rays, providing specialized nursing care, providing post-operative care, sterilizing surgical and other laboratory equipment, and vaccinating animals.
vet tech/room tech
- Assisted veterinarians during animal examinations and post-surgery monitoring; escalating changes of behaviour to doctors.
- Performance of routine and diagnostic tests including use of equipment such as radiography and ultrasound.
- Administration of medications and immunizations to animals.
- Pre, during, and aftercare of animals including restraining, monitoring, trimming and bathing including service and therapy dogs.
- Ensuring surgical and examination equipment, kennels, examination rooms, and operating rooms are in line with hospital standards.
- Educating owners and the public at large to instruct them how to modify behaviours and increase their knowledge of diseases in line with best practices.
vet tech/ assistant
- Performing diagnostic tests and x-rays in house and lab
- Preparing animals and instruments for surgery
- Administering medications, vaccines, and treatments including venipuncture and catheter placement for fluid therapy
- Providing emergency first aid and or general nursing care for in-patient and out-patients.
- Observing and reporting on the behavior and condition of animals and reporting to DVM
- Restraining animals for examination or treatment
- Administering anesthesia and assisting during medical procedures
vet tech/ assistant
- Performed proper restraints of animals and injection/anesthesia
- Collected TPR, blood, stool, urine samples and interpreted lab data per DVM
- Performed Vet Tech duties when needed which included: administering medications, assisting in surgeries.
- Maintained and sterilized all surgical instruments and equipment
- Utilize such tools as IV catheters, Tonopen, and digital radiographs.
- Monitor anesthesia before, during, and post administration and blood draws (from jugular, cephalic, or saphenous veins).
- Helped assess and assisted on complete care of ill animals for the time of stay
- Identify case issues and evidence needed, based on analysis of charges, complaints, or allegations of law violations. I also assisted with doing the surgeries on the animals and helping the front desk do the paperwork at the end of the day.
- File patient record.
- Basic sales of food and treats.
- Helped clients with questions to the best of my ability.