senior ultrasound technician
- To perform Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound to evaluate both the direction and velocity of the blood flowin the major cerebral arteries of the brain. With the purposes of detecting stroke and atherosclerosiswithin the major arteries of the brain
- Operate Ultrasound Equipment
- Developing Strong Physician Relationships
- Ensuring Compliance with Regulations
- Maintain and set up examination prepared for their scheduled exam.
- Obtained, evaluated, and interpreted medical history of patients.
- Oriented and trained ultrasound students on proper procedures and policies as well provide them with knowledge and hands on training.
- Completed and maintained accurate patient related paper work for billing purpose.
- Produced high level diagnostic images for physicians upon request.
- Operated, adjusted, and serviced all provided clinical equipment.
- Machines utilized include but not limited to: GE Voluson 730 and GE Voluson E6
- Performs a variety of simple and complex ultrasound procedures, including but not limited to: abdominal, pelvic/trans-vaginal, obstetrical, breast, and small parts, following established protocols.
- Interviews patients and reviews patient record to document pertinent clinical information on request.
- Relates clinical history and communicates findings to radiologist for use in interpretation.
- Consistently ensures the radiologist is properly informed in order to provide the patient the best possible care.
- Assesses and maintains ultrasound and support equipment functionality.
- Performs necessary calibrations.
- Alerts appropriate individual regarding variances.
- Travel to various facilities, such as nursing homes to preform ultrasounds on patients.
- Types of ultrasounds performed frequently: lower extremity venous and abdominal
- PRN work position- Was on call most weekends, and would take call occasionally during the week when needed.
- Follows the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers Code of Ethics in the course of day-to-day practice.
- Serves as a clinical resource to students.
- Operated ultrasound equipment to produce images of internal organs.
- Completed diagnostic-quality ultrasound exams under the direction of the radiologist.