- Signal motorists to warn them of obstacles or repair work ahead.
- Set out signs and cones around work areas to divert/manage traffic.
- Drive small trucks to transport crews and equipment to work sites.
- Read traffic control plans to determine work activities and carry them out.
- Inspect signs to verify accurate installation.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work/event zones.
- Escort pedestrians across roads or around work areas.
- Completed vehicle pre-start checks
- Loading and unloading vehicles with Signage and associated devices.
- Monitor traffic behavior and or flow to ensure safety is maintained at all times.
- Follow instructions from crew leaders, foremen and managers whilst on site.
- Monitored, transmitted and received information over multiple radio frequencies to detect any emergencies.
- Identified problems or potential problem areas and advised crew leader.
- RIIWHS205D Control with stop/slow bat – Licence
- Ensure safety processes and policies as per QLD state law where adhered to at all times
- Directed vehicular and pedestrian traffic as per requirements and re-routed traffic when necessary
- Coordinated traffic information to colleagues
- Reported accidents to appropriate departments or local law enforcement’s
- Performed general inspection of traffic control devices and signage
- Schedule or dispatch equipment, or vehicles to appropriate locations, according to requests, specifications, or needs
- Direct traffic at/and or through a work site or other even in a manner specified in the approved operating procedure for the safety of all road users and road workers.
- Controlling traffic to enable them to negotiate through, past or around the work site safely.
- Dealing with motorists and other road users professionally.
- Enabling works at the site to be conducted safely by minimizing the risk associated with traffic movement.
- Maintaining traffic control in emergencies and other difficult situations.
- Minimizing delays to traffic.
- Safety of fellow workers.
- Direct inbound or outbound traffic operations.
- Ensured the safety of drivers, pedestrians, and colleagues
- Remote work including Weipa Region QLD – including travel and DIDO work
- Safety of motorists and other road users.